[vtk-developers] Dashboard questions

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 08:40:10 EDT 2009

My dashboard submission
(daviddoria.RPI<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewSite.php?siteid=1747&project=11&currenttime=1255741200>-
it's listed as experimental but it's really not modified, it should be
"nightly") has 171 tests that fail with segfaults. Is this something I've
done wrong or are these tests actually failing? I see a handful of other
submissions that have a similar or higher number of test failures, but most
of them have 0 failures. Can anyone explain this?

Since there are so many failures, if I do change something and run an
experimental build, how would I know if any different tests failed due to my
change, or if any of the tests that were already failing are now failing for
a new reason?

Also, I typically use/work on the VTK that is checked out with paraview.
There seems to be no way to submit an experimental build of VTK from inside
paraview. Does that seem like a reasonable thing to want to do? Maybe I need
to talk to the Paraview guys about that?

Thanks,

David