[vtk-developers] Fwd: vtkOFFReader / VTK archive system

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 07:58:24 EDT 2009

Forwarded conversation
Subject: vtkOFFReader
------------------------

From: *David Doria* <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com <daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>>
Date: Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:34 AM
To: VTK Developers <vtk-developers at vtk.org>

I wrote a VTK reader for simple .off files (
http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/data/off/off.html<http://people.sc.fsu.edu/%7Eburkardt/data/off/off.html>
).
It only handles triangle meshes for now.
http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/vtkOFFReader/<http://www.rpi.edu/%7Edoriad/VTK_List/vtkOFFReader/>

Does VTK have any interest in supporting this format? It seems like it would
be good to allow users to read as many formats as possible, even if they are
only weakly/partially supported.

Thanks,

David