[vtk-developers] vtkOFFReader

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 15:28:50 EDT 2009

I'm all for VTK supporting as many file formats as possible, but only
if the readers support at least the baseline prescribed for the
format.  For many years the old vtkTIFFReader was far below baseline,
and could barely read any of the TIFF files out there.  I'd rather not
see a repeat of that unfortunate situation, with people wasting hours
struggling to understand why the vtkTIFFReader refused to read their
TIFF files.

If it's incomplete, It's best to just advertise it and put the code
out there, as you have done.

   David