[vtk-developers] does VTK can't implement that

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Sun Oct 11 10:21:15 EDT 2009

You will never get this quality mesh from vtkClipVolume since it is limited
by the resolution of the volume, and does not do any control of aspect
ratio, nor smooth meshes, nor adaptively transition elements across the
mesh.

Several of us at Kitware have done things like this before, but we never
envisioned VTK as a mesh generator, so such classes are not contributed to
the system, at least not yet :-)

Will

--
William J. Schroeder, PhD