[vtk-developers] vtkDotReader ?

Timothy M. Shead tshead at sandia.gov
Wed Oct 7 12:27:20 EDT 2009

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> I need to write a quick vtkDotReader. I see that Boost provide a
> graphviz reader, I just do not understand what I need to do to convert
> the boost MutableGraph into a vtk struct.
>
> Any guidance, greatly appreciated !
>
> Thanks,

Once you #include vtkBoostGraphAdapter.h in your code, you can pass
vtkDirectedGraph and vtkUndirectedGraph to BGL algorithms directly.  See

VTK/Infovis/vtkBoostBiconnectedComponents.cxx
VTK/Infovis/vtkBoostBrandesCentrality.cxx
VTK/Infovis/vtkBoostBreadthFirstSearch.cxx
VTK/Infovis/vtkBoostBreadthFirstSearchTree.cxx
VTK/Infovis/vtkBoostConnectedComponents.cxx
VTK/Infovis/vtkBoostKruskalMinimumSpanningTree.cxx
VTK/Infovis/vtkBoostPrimMinimumSpanningTree.cxx

for examples.

Cheers,
Tim