[vtk-developers] VTK and CMake 2.8rc2 - argument named "TRUE" in a conditional - policy CMP0012

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 2 17:23:55 EDT 2009

Sean McBride wrote:
> However, I tried your patch and it seemed to make no difference.  Is it
> possible your syntax is incorrect?  In any case, I added the simpler:
>
> CMAKE_POLICY(SET CMP0012 NEW)
> CMAKE_POLICY(SET CMP0013 NEW)
> CMAKE_POLICY(SET CMP0014 NEW)

Hmm...well, we can't commit it like that because CMake 2.6 will not
understand these policies.  That's why we need "if(POLICY ...)".

So, this was the patch:

  FOREACH(policy CMP0012 CMP0013 CMP0014)
    IF(POLICY ${policy})
      CMAKE_POLICY(SET ${policy} NEW)
    ENDIF()
  ENDFOREACH()

Try adding the line

  CMAKE_POLICY(GET CMP0012 pol)
  MESSAGE("CMP0012=${pol}")

after the above block.  Does it say NEW?  It does for me with 2.8.0-rc2.
Also, try these two lines just before the if() statement that originally
complained.

> And now everything works without any warnings.
>
> So, on Mac OS X 10.6 anyway, it seems safe to use these new policies in VTK.

Great, thanks for trying it.

-Brad