[vtk-developers] Fwd: vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper (05B22CB8): Can't use the ray cast mapper without scalars!

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Oct 7 15:22:27 EDT 2009

You are making scalars here, and associating them with the POINTS of
the unstructuredgrid.

> unstructuredReader->GetOutput()
->GetPointData()->AddArray(arr);
> unstructuredReader->GetOutput()
->GetPointData()->SetActiveScalars("myarray");

Later, you are telling the volume renderer to use CELL associated scalar data.
> volumeUnstructedMapper->SetScalarModeToUseCellData();

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive