[vtk-developers] BestFitPlane function for vtkPlane

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:21:07 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Karthik Krishnan
<karthik.krishnan at kitware.com> wrote:
> Thanks

These tests failed before my changes and after:
The following tests FAILED:
         93 - SurfacePlusEdges (Failed)
        105 - TestLabelPlacementMapper (SEGFAULT)

but everything else passes with the changes. Here are the files:
http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/vtkPlane/

I wasn't sure how to get a vtkPoints from a vtkDataSet, so I did this:

void vtkTextureMapToPlane::ComputeNormal(vtkDataSet *input)
{
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkPoints> Points = vtkSmartPointer<vtkPoints>::New();
  for(unsigned int i = 0; i < input->GetNumberOfPoints(); i++)
    {
    double p[3];
    input->GetPoint(i, p);
    Points->InsertNextPoint(p);