[vtk-developers] [InfoVis] Infovis and rendering kits

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Mon Mar 16 10:17:12 EDT 2009

Infovis code contains vtkInteractorStyle subclasses, so must depend on
rendering (e.g. vtkInteractorStyleTreeMapHover), and there is also a
dependency on Widgets. The Infovis directory is currently a catch-all
for informatics-related code. As I remember it, it was deemed more
important to be able to turn off infovis entirely than to make it easy
to turn off various components of infovis.

A possibility is to move some code to Rendering, Widgets, or Hybrid.
This would let us change the dependencies.

Jeff