[vtk-developers] Patch to silence needless error message

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Sat Mar 7 13:17:33 EST 2009

Hello,

This fix looks wrong to me.

If you use vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, it means you use X11 for on
screen rendering and OSMesa when switching to offscreen. If you have
X11, XOpenDisplay should succeed in
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::GetDisplayId() even if you use OSMesa for
offscreen.

If you don't have X11, create an instance of
vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx instead.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Prabhu Ramachandran
<prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When rendering offscreen using osmesa vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx keeps
> generating an annoying error message (this can be seen even in the test
> output on the dashboards).  PFA a patch to fix this.  I would really
> appreciate it if this (or perhaps something better) would be checked in
> before the 5.4 release.  Thanks also to those who made it possible to use
> osmesa in the first place, it is really convenient.
>
> Thanks!
>
> cheers,
> prabhu

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive