[vtk-developers] Adding support for retrieving attribute types.

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Wed Jun 24 12:45:54 EDT 2009

Any input on the following patch before I commit it? I know Tim Shead has
given this issue some thought in the past.

ENH: Adding support for retrieving attribute types.

There are a number of places that specify attribute types
(point, cell, vertex, edge, row, field) and create an enumeration
for this (vtkDataObjectToTable, vtkSelectionNode, ...). A new
method GetAttributes(int) in vtkDataObject uses an enum for the
possible attribute types and subclasses retrieve the appropriate
attributes. GetAttributesAsFieldData(int) performs the same function
but returns a vtkFieldData instance instead of vtkDataSetAttributes.
GetAttributeTypeForArray is another convenience method that returns
the attribute type that an array is contained in.

http://github.com/jeffbaumes/ParaView/commit/cb697c9c25dcd05490648c77bdb725b2fa7a76b1

Jeff