[vtk-developers] Porting from VTK to ParaView

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:19:32 EDT 2009

I have a rather large VTK code (ezViz, http://daac.hpc.mil/ezviz) that is
written entirely with VTK objects.  The project has reached a point where it
needs to start parallelization.  In the most recent release I switched the
core from just VTK to ParaView, although I'm still just using the VTK
objects.

Is there a guide on porting from VTK to ParaView?  I need to preserve my
functionality in the process, so I'm looking for somewhere between a
"Getting started with ParaView Programming", (which I'll need as well) and a
direct list of VTK-to-ParaView conversions.  I know I'll need to add some
extra stuff for the MPI, but the first step is just getting from VTK to PV,
right?

--
Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist