[vtk-developers] Use LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES for VTK libs

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:03:38 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Sebastien
BARRE<sebastien.barre at kitware.com> wrote:
> At 7/21/2009 09:14 AM, Brad King wrote:
>
>> In order to take advantage of this from outside VTK then the entire
>> VTKConfig.cmake generation and installation needs to be reworked.
>
> That's good news but a scary thought :)  A lot of work went there.
> Fortunately KWWidgets's dashboard builds itself against both VTK build and
> install trees, so we should see if something goes very wrong on the VTK
> side. On the other hand I predict some interesting time for projects like
> KWWidgets that will need to be compatible with both VTK 5.0 and VTK HEAD,
> i.e. twos way of exporting libs/packages...

Brad could you further comment on your comment above Sebastien's ?
As far as I understand you meant to say, 'in order to take advantage',
which does not imply there will be backward compatible issue ?
Transitive linking will not be guarantee when using current
VTKConfig.cmake, that's all you meant, right ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu