[vtk-developers] Use LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES for VTK libs

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Fri Jul 24 10:53:43 EDT 2009

At 7/21/2009 09:14 AM, Brad King wrote:

>In order to take advantage of this from outside VTK then the entire
>VTKConfig.cmake generation and installation needs to be reworked.

That's good news but a scary thought :)  A lot of work went there.
Fortunately KWWidgets's dashboard builds itself against both VTK
build and install trees, so we should see if something goes very
wrong on the VTK side. On the other hand I predict some interesting
time for projects like KWWidgets that will need to be compatible with
both VTK 5.0 and VTK HEAD, i.e. twos way of exporting libs/packages...

>See the export/import and packaging notes here:\
>
>   http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes

Thanks