[vtk-developers] cvs VTK now requires CMake 2.6.3

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Jul 20 11:56:38 EDT 2009

I simply prefer it because the list of bug fixes in it is significantly long
enough that it just feels better knowing I am using better software. For
VTK, go ahead and use CMake 2.6.3 if you are not encountering any of these
bugs.
Leave the requirement at 2.6.3 for VTK, but use the latest CMake whenever
possible. Certainly, don't complain about it if you are using CMake 2.6.3
and a later version contains a bug fix which you might find useful..... :-)

Changes in CMake 2.6.4 RC 6
- Use $ var in CPack.cmake, and not @var@
- Add more missing OSXX11 CPack files

Changes in CMake 2.6.4 RC 5
- Add missing file for OSXX11 CPack generator
- cmake-gui fix path length in the binary directory's combo box

Changes in CMake 2.6.4 RC 4
- Better document Verbatim in custom commands
- Fix #8843 ctest system information was not always correct on linux
- Fix transitive linking of imported libraries

Changes in CMake 2.6.4 RC 3
- Documentation fix for #8815
- Fix CDash only submit with ctest_submit
- various fixes for FindQt4.cmake
- cmake-gui block checkable flag for item during configure/generate.
- put qt version in about for cmake-gui

Changes in CMake 2.6.4 RC 2
- Fix issues in FindBoost #8576 #8734
- Fix -D issues with VS 6
- Fix scope issue with CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_FILE  and macros
- Eclipse make VERBOSE off in makfiles #7585, and use built-in includes
- Codeblocks auto header finding
- Fix crash in include_directories #8704
- Some documentation fixes to commands and classes.
- Do not warn if LIBPATH is not set for nmake

Changes in CMake 2.6.4 RC 1
- Add some better documentation about RPATH variables
- No longer mark header files as HEADER_FILE_ONLY automatically,
  this gets rid of the ugly red marks in Visual Stuido
- Fix man-page preformatted text paragraphing
- Teach file(REMOVE) how to use relative paths
- Gracefully handle broken version symlinks
- Fix ASM source file extension default list
- Pass shared library export symbol in DEFINES
- Enforce unique binary directories
- Fix cmake-mode.el indentation cursor motion
- Simplify reverse cmLocalGenerator::Convert
- More robust decision to suppress implicit include dirs
- Fix Fortran implicit dependency include path (and test it)
- Clarify docs of old *_OUTPUT_PATH vars
- Fix svn update logic for modified files
- Add get_filename_component(... REALPATH)
- Work around broken GetLongPathName case