[vtk-developers] problem with vtkdicomimagereader::SetFileNames

puneet agrawal puneet0288 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:53:53 EDT 2009

hii,
  I am working on medical image rendering so i am using vtk dicom
image reader for reading data.But I tried to use SetFileNames function
but it doesn't work.I also read on forum that this function is not
implemented.
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2007-August/092051.html
But I didn't find any solution.Can you please help me on that.
Here is my code:
vtkDirectory* dir = vtkDirectory::New();
dir->Open( dirname );
 vtkStringArray *files = dir->GetFiles();
  vtkDICOMImageReader *dicomReader = vtkDICOMImageReader::New();
dicomReader->SetFileNames( files );
 dicomReader->Update();
It crashes on reading i guess.
Instead of this if i use  dicomReader->SetDirectoryName(dirname);.Then
It works fine.

Thanks
Puneet