[vtk-developers] vtkExtractSelectedIds + GLOBALIDS + vtkPolyData

John Platt jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 15 05:32:28 EST 2009

Hi,

I was looking for a filter in version 5.2 to extract cells from either
vtkPolyData or vtkUnstructuredGrid where the ouput type is kept the same
as the input type.

I tried vtkExtractSelectedIds for a vtkSelection with content type set
to GLOBALIDS. I could only get this to work if the GLOBALIDS were
vtkIdTypeArray. In vtkExtractSelectedIds::ExtractCells(), GetGlobalIds()
are cast to vtkIdTypeArray with no cast on GetPedigreeIds(). I wonder
whether this is the right way around.

My question is, will this filter cope with vtkPolyData, processing the
verts, lines, polys & strips in this order to preserve the cell data?

Many thanks,

John.