[vtk-developers] Trouble with OSMesa

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Fri Feb 27 01:06:58 EST 2009

On 02/27/09 03:27, David Cole wrote:
> Several dashboards (maybe ~5?) run with Mesa. The one on the AIX machine
> at the top of the CDash page is running mesa 7.0.4 ....
>
> (You can identify them by looking through the scripts that submit the
> dashboards, or looking at the output of the LoadOpenGLExtension test.
> The output of that test generally contains the mesa version number
> somewhere.)
>
> For example:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=17884472&build=280045
> <http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=17884472&build=280045>

Thanks for this.  I finally got something working but see very strange
behavior that I'd appreciate some help with.

If I run a script with vtkpython Cone.py
the windowtoimage filter produces meaningful output.  If I use vanilla
Python it doesn't and I get a blank window.  Is this simply osmesa
wierdness?  I also notice that if I did this:

import dl
x = dl.open('/path/to/libGL.so')
y = dl.open('/path/to/libOSMesa.so')

before I import VTK this works.  Any idea why this happens?  Thanks!

cheers,
prabhu