[vtk-developers] Adding ComputeArea() to vtkTriangle

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Dec 22 16:39:14 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM, David Doria
<daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 1) I would modify the current test for triangle.
>> 2) When you add the TestPolygon test, check vtkPolygon's coverage to
>> see if you can exercise some uncovered code. There are 193 uncovered
>> lines of code:
>>
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewCoverageFile.php?buildid=498540&fileid=10908473
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Ok, I'll add more polygon tests. I've never looked at these coverage files
> - I'm assuming that the red 000000 means that line is not tested? Can you
> figure out where the line is tested by the number? e.g.
>
> 00037579   void vtkPolygon::ComputeNormal(vtkPoints *p, double *n)
>
> How would you turn 00037579 into a file name?

The number preceding each line is supposed to be the number of times that
line was called. To find callers, grep for the function name, once you find
a candidate, set a breakpoint on the line and run a test in the debugger to
verify that you can stop there...