[vtk-developers] 2D API, canvas API and other 2D features in VTK

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Dec 18 12:20:54 EST 2009

On Friday 11 December 2009 11:44:01 Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> In the last week or so I have been committing code I have been working on
>  to VTK CVS. The majority of this code is focused on 2D rendering in VTK,
>  and is the result of a collaboration with Sandia, TITAN and InfoViz folks.
>  This work aims to make 2D rendering a first class citizen in VTK.

Replying to myself, I have been working on integration with ParaView and
adding more features to the new charting functionality. The screen shot below
shows the Qt chart (top) and the VTK OpenGL chart (bottom). There are still
some rough edges, which I am working hard to sand down right now.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Charts/ChartAPI#Newer_Screenshot_in_ParaView

Most of this code (and tests) are checked into VTK in the new Charts
directory. I will be making some changes to improve the API, but this will
settle down in the near future once I have worked through some integration
issues, tested performance and fixed any cross platform issues I hit.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer, Kitware Inc.