[vtk-developers] bug 8513, updating freetype; need Windows dev to help

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Dec 16 16:58:10 EST 2009

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 16:48:01 Sean McBride wrote:
> On 12/16/09 4:42 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell said:
> >> It is however distressing that none of VTK's unit tests detected these
> >> problems, on none of the nightlies.  Or is your 'chart test' part of VTK
> >>  CVS?
> >
> >They are part of the nightlies - one of them was failing locally.
>
> Can you tell me the name of the test?  Is it a VTK test or a ParaView test?

The test that was segfaulting is called Charts-TestDiagram, it is a VTK test.

> >They did show up
> >on the Sandia nightly as segfaults didn't they?
>
> Yesterdays blackrose.sandia.gov had no failing tests.  Or are you
> talking about ParaView?
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, no *VTK* tests caught the problems we just went
>  through.

The http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=493486 posted
by Ken shows the test segfaulting, which is what I was seeing locally. Not
sure why this is one of the only tests that failed, I was checking to see if
it was some kind of local issue.

It only failed on blackrose though, hopefully adding my machine to the
nightlies will help spot some of these issues.

It did not seem to show up on the VTK dashboard despite having quite a few 64
bit machines on there.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.