[vtk-developers] bug 8513, updating freetype; need Windows dev to help

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Dec 16 16:42:39 EST 2009

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 16:34:34 Sean McBride wrote:
> On 12/16/09 4:28 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell said:
> >That fixed a segfault I was observing in one of my charts tests that uses
> >freetype too, I am using 64 bit Linux and it looked like a Qt/FreeType/VTK
> >linking issue with symbol collisions from FreeType. I was just about to
>
> start
>
> >looking into it.
>
> I'm glad that everything seems fixed now.  These updates are always a
> little bumpy.
>
> It is however distressing that none of VTK's unit tests detected these
> problems, on none of the nightlies.  Or is your 'chart test' part of VTK
>  CVS?

They are part of the nightlies - one of them was failing locally. I was
waiting on a memory upgrade (which arrived today), so I will hopefully get a
nightly VTK and ParaView dashboard running on this system very soon to add
some coverage.

> I haven't forgotten about fixing the new compiler warnings btw!

That is great to hear, I was about to look into the issues I saw and report
them here. Like I said, they were fixed before I had chance. They did show up
on the Sandia nightly as segfaults didn't they?

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer, Kitware Inc.