[vtk-developers] VTK on MFC

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Dec 15 11:26:42 EST 2009

About VTK in MFC - configure VTK to have GUISupport On, then choose MFC.

You will now have access to vtkMFCWindow, which is an VTKRenderWindow,
wrapped into an MFC container.

Next you need to set up a visualization and display pipeline to read
the file and convert it into something that is shown in the window.
See the book, the Examples , and each classes regression test code for
examples.

If you mean 3D as in stereoscopic view, choose a stereo mode (ex
Red/Blue) on the vtkRenderWindow and then turn Stereo On.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive