[vtk-developers] VTK Examples and the wiki

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:41:07 EST 2009

Folks,

I'm looking for feedback on the format of thw VTK_Examples wiki pages.
I have just added two examples to VTK/Examples/Medical/Cxx. The
associated wiki pages are listed below. I'ved use two different styles
to show how to get the recent source code.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Examples_Create_cubes_from_labeled_volume_data
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Examples_Create_models_from_labeled_volume_data_(Discrete_MarchingCubes)

1) Should we even show the possibly out of date code on the wiki page?
The advantage of the wiki listing is that it is easily retreived from
the index page, it has an associated description outside of the code,
images could be attached to the page. The disadvantage is that it may
the listed code may be out-of-sync with the source in the repository.
(I wish there was a media wiki cvs plugin that could populate the
source listing)

2) If so, which of the two examples is better? Or is there another way.

Bill