[vtk-developers] Strange problem with doxygen script

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:34:26 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Francois Bertel
<francois.bertel at kitware.com> wrote:
> Marcus thinks it's a bug in the perl script:
> http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2009-November/006466.html
>

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:36 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I thought the issue was that the script applied the last available
>> description to all functions until the next description was stated.
>> However, this does not seem to be exactly the case.
>>
>> For instance, take these RemoveDataSet functions from vtkKdTree.h.
>> They appear in a block:

>>  // Remove the given data set.
>>  virtual void RemoveDataSet(int index);
>>  virtual void RemoveDataSet(vtkDataSet *set);
>>  virtual void RemoveAllDataSets();
>>
>> I thought "Remove the given data set" would be applied as the
>> documentation for each of these 3 functions. However, as you can see
>> at http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkKdTree.html#ae9d148ce897ac39bc71809ddcf3b70d7
>>
>> "Turn on timing of the k-d tree build" is the documentation for the
>> second two functions.
>>
>> Anyone know why this might be / how to fix it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David

> François Bertel, PhD  | Kitware Inc. Suite 204

Ah, I didn't understand that it was the first // Description that
appears in the header that got applied to all functions with no
//Description because there are other functions that appear with
documentation before the "first" function on the actual doxygen page,
presumably because the //Description is in a superclass?

Marcus mentioned his perl is a little rusty, are there any perl
experts in the group who could help with this?

Thanks,

David