[vtk-developers] vtkMath::Dot2D

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:57:25 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> The array length is used by the wrappers (at least by the python
> wrappers) to decide what tuple sizes to require as parameters to the
> wrapped method.  So a python user, for example, would have to convert
> the two-tuples vectors into three-tuples in order to use this
> signature.
>
>   David

So then is changing this going to cause backwards compatibility issues
with python users? It should make their future life easier (they don't
have to tag a 0 onto a 2vector before doing operations on it), but it
may break their existing code.

Where do we draw the line with what is acceptable to change for this
type of reason?

Thanks,

David