[vtk-developers] Documentation Rules

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:08:47 EST 2009

Folks,

I have started compiling a list of what the documentation should look like:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Documentation_Rules

Clearly I have no covered all of the cases - more will come as I
discover more typical cases. Suggestions for things to add are
welcome.

Agreement on these rules will not only help direct my efforts, but
also ensure that future code will adhere to these guidelines.

Once we establish the rules, is there a way to have KWStyle type
checks for "documentation correctness"? Something to the effect of
rejecting the commit or turning the dashboard red if the
documentation/comments do not meet the new standards? I think
requiring this is the only way to maintain good documentations -
developers seem to get in a hurry and the first thing that disappears
is the documentation - requiring it would alleviate this problem.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

David