[vtk-developers] Rendering-problem: vtkCanvas don't redraw properly

ThomasObenaus thomaso at eas.iis.fraunhofer.de
Wed Apr 15 02:56:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using VTK with Java and get some strage rendering results. Every
time the vtkCanvas has lost focus (e.g. when pulling down a JMenu) it
forgets to redraw properly and the whole window remains gray (see
prob1.png). But even sometimes the content of the window (vtkCanvas)
seems to break out of the application and overwrites even the taskbar
(see prob2.png)!!
I get this strange behavior using VTK 5.2.1 and the new VTK 5.4 release
under Ubuntu 8.10 on a Laptop with an Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME
graphics controller. On others PCs using Ubuntu 8.10, Windows XP and
Windows Vista I had the same Problem. But on these ones the problem
could be solved configuring the JVM via  -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false
-Dsun.java2d.gdiblit=false.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the reason for the render
problems on the laptop with Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME graphics controller?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas.

--
Dipl.-Medieninf. Thomas Obenaus

Fraunhofer-Institut fuer Integrierte Schaltungen
Institutsteil Entwurfsautomatisierung
Zeunerstr. 38
D-01069 Dresden