[vtk-developers] [InfoVis] Infovis and rendering kits

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Mon Apr 27 14:03:31 EDT 2009

David,

I was looking at your changes to the kit dependencies, and didn't understand
one of them:
VTK/Infovis/CMakeLists.txt:

-SET(KIT_TCL_LIBS vtkWidgetsTCL)
-SET(KIT_PYTHON_LIBS vtkWidgetsPythonD)
-SET(KIT_JAVA_LIBS vtkWidgetsJava)
-SET(KIT_LIBS vtkWidgets ${VTK_LIBXML2_LIBRARIES} vtkalglib)
+IF(VTK_USE_RENDERING)
+  SET(KIT_TCL_LIBS vtkWidgetsTCL)
+  SET(KIT_PYTHON_LIBS vtkWidgetsPythonD)
+  SET(KIT_JAVA_LIBS vtkWidgetsJava)
+  SET(KIT_LIBS vtkWidgets ${VTK_LIBXML2_LIBRARIES} vtkalglib)
+ELSE(VTK_USE_RENDERING)
+  SET(KIT_TCL_LIBS vtkGraphicsTCL)
+  SET(KIT_PYTHON_LIBS vtkGraphicsPythonD)
+  SET(KIT_JAVA_LIBS vtkGraphicsJava)
+  SET(KIT_LIBS vtkGraphics  ${VTK_LIBXML2_LIBRARIES} vtkalglib)
+ENDIF(VTK_USE_RENDERING)

Nothing in the kit seems to be conditionally compiled based on
rendering/widgets, so why is this conditional there? Views currently only
depends on infovis, but should it really depend on widgets also? Then it
seems we could get rid of this conditional and have infovis only depend on
graphics.

Jeff

--
Jeff Baumes, Ph.D.