[vtk-developers] vtkCleanPolyData

Thu Apr 23 16:18:32 EDT 2009

>From a software-engineering standpoint "I don't think it even broke
any of the tests" is a pretty low standard with which to judge code
changes.

I am more familiar with ITK where the approach to
backwards-compatibility is that it should always be maintained.
Changing the type of data returned from a filter is a pretty drastic
move, even if -- in most cases -- it doesnt break anything obvious.