[vtk-developers] C++ compilation

Grzegorz Pytel bioinfguy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:32:51 EDT 2009

Hi, I'm getting a following error during linking:

Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vtkPatented.lib'

I'm using VS2008 and I have compiled VTK out of VTK's example source (
http://www.vtk.org/VTK/help/examplecode.html ). This is my first C++ tryout,
before I've been using java and vtk. Have I done something wrong during VTK
library compilation? Why it hasn't been created? What's the name of project
(set of classess) responsible for creation this lib? How can I build only
this lib (and I assume also dll) without having to compile the whole library
once again? Is this extra small package recompilation indeed indispensable
to have an example working?

Thanks in advance,

Gregory