[vtk-developers] QVTKWidget with virtualgl

shiva sitamraju shivaenigma at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 04:48:47 EDT 2009

Hi ,

We are using QVTKWidget in our application and running our application
remotely using vglrun.  Without using vglrun everything is fine. I dont know
if this is a problem with vtk or virtualgl, but here are the issues:

1. With vglrun the QVTKWidget display isn't getting refreshed properly (see
the attached image)
2. Also I see that QVTKWidget is doing a readback and then painting the
qtwidget everytime refresh is performed.
I guess this readback maybe causing problems with virtualgl. Is there a way
to make VTK directly render to a qt opengl context instead of doing a
readback.

Thanks,
Shiva