[vtk-developers] [VtkEdge] VTKEdge released Date

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Sep 30 19:12:06 EDT 2008

Wagner-

You are absolutely right to bring this up as an issue. No excuse except that
we are swamped with work (are you looking for a job? :-)), and sometimes our
priorities change as a result of customer pull, or success at winning
proposals. For example, we may have good intentions to, for example, clean
up the locators in vtk because we have some funding to do this, but then the
customer's priorities change and we have to adapt. After all we are walking
a line here between making a living and doing our best to benefit the open
source, research, academic and civil communities. But having said this we
can do better at communicating.

2008/9/30 Wagner Sales <wsales at gmail.com>

> Hi all,
> To put one message on this thread:
> Sorry by this ask, but would be really nice if some more accurate release
> prevision can be sent to mailing list, or in every place. The last answer
> about this are a little bit subjective (coming soon, near future). I know
> that's are a free software project, but I think are peoples trying to plan
> to evaluate and test vtkEdge. From free software community or from
> commercial vendors, I think a release map are a very, very important source
> for plans and decisions. For example, VTK 5.0 was suffered of the same
> problem, without answers about release date or prevision, and this was
> happened a lot of time (months, I think). If Kitware have good reasons to do
> by this way, sorry by this message.
> Please, don't understand this message as a bad criticism, but a suggestion
> to make the communication between development team and community more
> closely.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wagner Sales
>

> 2008/9/30 <wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn>