[vtk-developers] How do I contribute a reader for ParaView / VTK?

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 26 11:23:25 EDT 2008

Dear VTK and ParaView developers,

I'd like to ask, how do I contribute a reader for ParaView/VTK? It's a
modified version of vtkOpenFOAMReader originally written by Terry
Jordan and includes performance/stability/compatibility improvements,
compressed (gzipped) format support, support for the file format
extension in the newest OpenFOAM version etc, etc, with the help of
extensive testing by the OpenFOAM community.

I have read the "How To Contribute" page on the VTK website
(http://www.vtk.org/contribute.php ) and think I can accept all the
copyright, commercialization, coding standards discussions, but could
not find a tangible procedure.

Thanks,
Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN