[vtk-developers] Collaboration on macport for VTK 5.2.0

Darren Weber darren.weber.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:38:37 EDT 2008

I'm working on adapting a macport called vtk5 to work with VTK 5.2.0
(see current version attached - a work in progress).  If anyone else
is using macports or building VTK for OSX (10.5 or otherwise), please
get in contact so we can develop a nice macport for the 5.2.0 release.
 I could use a lot of help to code and test different variants of the
build configuration in the Portfile.  I've already contacted previous
maintainers of the vtk macport and they are not available to continue
the work.

Thanks, Darren

PS, I put the file attached into ~/ports/graphics/vtk5 and run
portindex from ~/ports/ to make this port available for testing on my
local system.  It is not ready for integration into macports, without
further testing.