[vtk-developers] vtkContourFilter with vtkUnstructuredGrid

Okoba Salada c674332 at web.de
Wed Oct 29 17:14:27 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have got a file containing a vtkUnstructuredGrid with many cubes and want to put a surface over all of them, making them seem to create one large object.
I found vtkContourFilter and vtkMarchingCubes seeming perfectly suitable for this matter. But I did not manage to apply either so far.
Since both seem to be fine let me stick to vtkContourFilter. Whenever I use it on my unstructured grid the output was empty. I'm not really sure how to chose the isovalue, why is there only one value for three dimensions? Still I believe this is not the only obstacle, since I tried many isovalues. Does it work with unstructured grids or do I have to convert it to poly or image data? It made no difference when I converted it to poly data using the vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter.

Would be thankful for any advice.

Okoba