[vtk-developers] The VTK dashboard...

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Oct 28 11:12:05 EDT 2008

...is kind of getting to be a mess. (I'm being polite here.)
If you have committed code to VTK or ParaView in the last month or so,
please take a look at some of the build errors, warnings and test failures
and clean up what is yours. I realize we are all busy: all the more reason
to keep it clean as we go. The cleaner it is, the less dashboard
investigation everybody has to do.

The current state of affairs makes it very difficult for those of us
committing code occasionally to have much confidence in the dashboard
system. We have to wade through error after error and say to ourselves "I
don't think my changes could cause this error..."

You have until mid-November. Then I will start to make your holiday season
miserable if I trace the cause of a given VTK dashboard failure to your CVS
alias. If you committed code on somebody else's behalf, track them down and
resolve it...

Thanks,
David Cole

P.S. -- Nobody likes a scrooge-y Dave Cole this time of year. Help keep the
holiday seasons filled with good cheer. ;-)