[vtk-developers] vtkOpenGLImageActor and non-power of two image

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 08:19:06 EDT 2008

Hi there,

  I'd like to know what is the status of non-power of two image and
vtkOpenGLImageActor in VTK CVS. I tried using a 2048x2048 16bits
grayscale image, and vtkOpenGLImageActor seems to be working very
nicely. However as soon as I have to deal with a 2049x2048 image all
interaction becomes extraordinarily slow. I am using a Quadro FX
4500/PCI/SSE2 with a 2.0.2 NVIDIA 87.76 driver.

  I am confused as to where the problem is coming from. Is this an
issue in the nvidia driver (it cannot handle the next power of two for
my image, ie a 4096x2048 image) ? If so how am I supposed work around
this issue ?

As a side note, is this bug still accurate ?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu