[vtk-developers] New scaling mode for vtkTextActor

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed May 14 18:51:55 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I've been working on ParaView bug #6096 (http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=6096) and as part of the solution I would like to implement a new scaling mode to vtkTextActor.  Right now, vtkTextActor can either used a fixed font or can scale the text to fit within the bounds of the prop.  I propose implementing a third mode that will scale the font based on the size of the viewport in which the prop is placed.

As part of this changed, I would like to deprecate the Set/GetScaledText methods and replace them with a Set/GetTextScaleMode to capture the tri-scaling state.  Are there any objections?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov