[vtk-developers] initial properties in widget representations

Amy Squillacote ahs at cfdrc.com
Thu Mar 20 09:37:53 EDT 2008

Hi all,

In an application I'm working on, I'm using some of the widgets that use
the widget/representation framework. I want to change some of the values
in the non-selected vtkProperty's (e.g., change the color in the
OutlineProperty of vtkImplicitPlaneRepresentation) and have these values
take effect when the widget is enabled. At the moment, this doesn't work
because the OutlineProperty (or SelectedOutlineProperty) is only set on
the OutlineActor when the state of the widget changes. (You can call
SetRepresentationState to some non-0 value and then back to 0 to force
the behavior I'm looking for, but this seems very hackish.) Does anyone
know why the non-selected properties are not set on their associated
actors in the constructor?

In the constructor, after the call to CreateDefaultProperties, I would
like to add code to set the non-selected properties (NormalProperty,
PlaneProperty, and OutlineProperty) on the corresponding actors. Does
anyone see a problem with this?

- Amy

--
Amy Squillacote                    Phone: (256) 726-4839
Computer Scientist                 Fax: (256) 726-4806