[vtk-developers] vtkDataArrayTemplate.cxx writes out of bounds when malloc fails

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Jun 19 18:22:48 EDT 2008

On 6/19/08 5:23 PM, Burlen Loring said:

>Any objections/criticism/comments regarding this change?

We've recently observed similar problems with VTK not checking for a
null from malloc, so your patch is appealing.  Forgive me for asking
without really looking at the patch too closely, but the exception that
new throws, who catches it?  Is it the responsibility of the user of the
VTK library (ie my app) to guard all uses of VTK APIs with a catch?  I
seem to recall that, unlike ITK, the VTK API did not propagate
exceptions, but I can't find such a reference right now.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com