[vtk-developers] gcc warnings about empty if/while bodies

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jun 16 17:12:30 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Apple's newest gcc is giving warnings like:

vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx:458: warning: suggest a space before ';' or
explicit braces around empty body in 'while' statement

for code like:

  while(glGetError() != GL_NO_ERROR);

There are only 100 or so; I could commit fixes.  But what style of fix?

1)  while(glGetError() != GL_NO_ERROR) ;

2)  while(glGetError() != GL_NO_ERROR) {};

Of course, whitespace permutations are also possible. :)  I vote 2.

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com