[vtk-developers] VTK-5-2 python install - missing libvtkverdict.so.1.2

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Sat Jun 7 06:34:01 EDT 2008

At 6/7/2008 06:00 AM, Darren Weber wrote:

>I forgot to mention that I'm running an amd64 version of Ubuntu
>7.04.  I found a fix, but it seems like a nasty hack:
>
>sudo -icp -r -d /usr/local/lib/vtk-5.2/* /usr/lib/

Yes, the shared libs are now installed in INSTALL_PREFIX/lib/vtk-5-2,
instead of INSTALL_PREFIX/lib, to match what ITK, KWW and other
packages do, to provide a cleaner installation tree for
"mega-projects" that bundle VTK, ITK, KWW and others, to avoid
potential conflicts, to allow a "cleaner" co-existence of different
installed version of VTK, etc.

Maybe (most probably) the Python packages were not updated to look there...