[vtk-developers] patch for vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter

Amy Squillacote ahs at cfdrc.com
Wed Jul 30 14:17:25 EDT 2008

Hi all,

In recently trying to use vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter, I discovered
that if you turn coloring on (to save the component id to a point data
scalar array), the array marked as scalars in the input point data is
not copied through to the output. Additionally, the "coloring" array has
no name. The attached patch corrects these two issues. The coloring
array is added to the point data and set as "scalars", but the input
point data scalars are not removed. Also, the coloring array is named
"RegionId" to match the name used in vtkConnectivityFilter.

If no one sees a problem with this, I will commit the change. Would it
be possible to put this change on the 5.2 branch as well?

- Amy

--
Amy Squillacote                    Phone: (256) 726-4839
Computer Scientist                 Fax: (256) 726-4806