[vtk-developers] Performance slow down

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Thu Jul 24 12:38:07 EDT 2008

I've seen this issue before where textures were being reloaded every
frame because someone had added a

|| this->Renderer->MTime() > blah

to the if statement for reloading the texture, and the renderer was
actually being modified every frame. It looks like in this case it is
really just a specific part of the vtkActor that Francios is checking
for modification. Something in the actor is changing in your program
every frame, but not the part of the actor that should really make
that "if" pass. The condition should probably be more restrictive and
only pass if certain parts of the actor are modified.

Jeff