[vtk-developers] xdmf questions (UNCLASSIFIED)

Clarke, Jerry (Civ, ARL/CISD) clarke at arl.army.mil
Thu Jan 24 16:25:01 EST 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

John,

I am currently adding a time facility to Xdmf.
I'll update the wiki @ xdmf.org when I am finished
but basically time will be an additional element
which is a child of Grid. In simplest form :

<Grid GridType="Uniform" ...
     <Time Value="0.1" />

There is an XdmfTime object. time->GetTimeType() will return
XDMF_TIME_SINGLE in the above example. Others are :

#define XDMF_TIME_SINGLE    0x00
#define XDMF_TIME_UNIFORM   0x01
#define XDMF_TIME_HYPERSLAB 0x02
#define XDMF_TIME_FUNCTION  0x03

More complex :
<Grid  GridType="Collection" ....
             <Time TimeType="Uniform">
                 <DataItem Format="XML" Dimensions="5" DataType="Float">
                     1.1 2.2 3.3 4.4 5.5
                 </DataItem>
             </Time>
Both of these are working, as is :
	<Time Function="???" />
the time object doesn't do anything with it yet other than return a
string.

Here's some python from the test :

print 'Time Type = ', tt, ' : ', t.GetTimeTypeAsString() if(tt ==
XDMF_TIME_SINGLE) :
     print 'Time = ', t.GetValue()
     t.SetValue(99.0)
elif(tt == XDMF_TIME_FUNCTION) :