[vtk-developers] xdmf questions

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed Jan 23 11:16:42 EST 2008

I am aware that others (who?) are working with xdmf and I have two
specific questions I'd like to ask before diving in to make changes to
read/writers

1) Has anyone given any consideration to time representation withing
xdmf. Specifically, multiple time steps and the ongoing time support in
vtk/paraview
I need to store multiple time steps preferably in the same file, but if
one step per hdf5 file could be referenced from the xdmf xml that's be
ok I suppose. I don't see ant references to TIME_etc vars in the code.
If this is in development please let me know so that I can avoid
duplication.

2) Data spaces and parallel write. I'd like to modify the xdmf writer to
allow me to write pieces of volume data one by one  and specify the
extents so that 8/16/64 blocks etc could be written into a single file.
Has anyone started work on this? I wuld again like to avoid duplication.

Many thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch