[vtk-developers] Re: vtkVectorText beyond ASCII - solution

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Jan 9 17:16:32 EST 2008

On 1/9/08 3:28 AM, Michail Vidiassov said:

>> Have you tried running VTK's tests with your new code?  Do they all pass?
>
>What tests? That tcl scripts that are listed as test for vtkVectorText?
>No. As you know, I have not got to recompiling VTK yet.

I am referring to the nightly tests run by many machines on many platforms:
<http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Dashboard/MostRecentResults-Nightly/
Dashboard.html>

You can run these tests yourself by doing 'ctest -R .' in your vtk-bin folder.

>On the other hand, my version is not a proper replacement for
>vtkVectorText yet, since that point size problem is not solved yet.

We could perhaps get your patch into VTK piece by piece.  Certainly
anything checked-in has to not break any tests.  I'm not sure about this
'point problem' though..... is it a problem of ASCII-only chars too?  Or
only non-ASCII chars?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com