[vtk-developers] Coding Standards and the C preprocessor

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Feb 26 14:06:36 EST 2008

On 2/26/08 11:34 AM, Thompson, David C said:

>> 1) indentation.  Should #if/#end blocks be indented?  Whitespace before
>> of after the #?  I've seen:
>> #ifdef foo
>>   #pragma bar
>> #endif
>
>I thought some older compilers did not allow indented hash marks. Since
>VTK has a habit of supporting old compilers, perhaps that would be a
>problem?

VTK already has the 3 forms I mentioned, so I don't think there are any
issues with old compilers, at least not with the existing dashboards.

I really think indentation is a good idea, but I don't have a strong
preference for where the whitespace goes.  But when I saw all 3 forms in
one file, I thought I'd start this thread. :)

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com