[vtk-developers] Fwd: [InfoVis] Borland compile problem with vtkAssignAttribute

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Feb 12 21:09:32 EST 2008

Forwarding to vtk-developers

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Crossno, Patricia J <pjcross at sandia.gov>
Date: Feb 12, 2008 8:15 PM
Subject: [InfoVis] Borland compile problem with vtkAssignAttribute
To: "infovis at public.kitware.com" <infovis at public.kitware.com>

I checked in a change to vtkAssignAttribute that has broken the build
for dash19, which is a Borland compiler.  Lacking a Borland compiler,
I can't test any theories about why it breaks, but the only thing that
seems wrong is that two enumerated type names match two variable names
(FieldType and AttributeLocation).  I've changed the names for the
variables to FieldTypeAssignment and AttributeLocationAssignment and
checked in the changes.   I'm frankly mystified by the errors since
these name clashes were present yesterday (they are not part of
anything I changed today) and didn't result in any problems in the
previous dash19 build.  So maybe these have nothing to do with what is
actually wrong.  If any of you have experience with Borland and have
any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.  Otherwise, I'm waiting to see
if I get errors in the next build.

Pat